The plan is to unpack and write some of the things God is teaching me through the next few weeks. But, I don't want to lose you by not being faithful in writing so I'm going to give you some highlights of what is in my brain. I'm looking forward to seeing how God brings it all together.
- caring for the widow, the orphan, the immigrant, the poor
- living out His righteousness
- what is going on next in Second Mile
- the faith of a mustard seed (Oh, this is a good one. I can't wait to tell you about it.)
- Not using the crutch or deflection tactic of talking about the lies I believe, but actually moving to repentance when he reveals issues in my heart
- fear of failure as a leader
- wisdom from God and not selfish ambition or bitter envy
- processing so much from the James series
These aren't light topics. Most of them are life changing for me and my family, and hopefully, for those I have the privilege of leading. I once heard that many American Christians stop learning when they turn 30 and just coast and pretend to hear new things from Jesus as they age. To be honest, this terrified me. I begged God to not let that be true of my life, that he would teach me, stretch me, and grow me until I meet him face to face. Almost eight years past thirty he has not disappointed.
What are some highlights of what God has been revealing to you lately?